Friday, February 06, 2009

IN DEO SPERAMUS

'In God We Trust'.

The motto first appeared on a United States coin in 1864, but In God We Trust did not become the official U.S. national motto until after the passage of an Act of Congress in 1956.

I was just sitting here pondering our national motto. To tell you the truth, I'm just starting to get a grasp of what this means in my own life. I was wondering what it would be like if our motto were true. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to pass some kind of judgement on this country or anything of the like. I really do love our country. I believe it's the best one to live in. I'm just wondering what it would be like. Because you know that there are people out there who are actually offended by this motto. People who want it stricken from our currency and capitol buildings. I've never been to Washington D.C......but I hear that it's written everywhere. I was watching Fox News the other night and they showed the Senate debating the current 'Spendulous' bill.....and there it was.....just above the speaker.

How I wish it were really true. Imaging if our Congress lived by this motto. What about the Supreme Court.....? Our President? All the way down to our Governors....Mayors....Sheriffs. It blows my mind. Our country would be a different country. Maybe even our world. Just a thought.