Wednesday, February 04, 2009

THE DOLLAR

Here's a quick thought.....what's my dollar worth? I've been wondering that a lot lately. I heard it mentioned on the news the other night that the dollar is not really worth a dollar anymore. Actually it's worth around $0.75 (give or take a few pennies). My first thought......'HUH!?!?'.

I couldn't believe it....and then quickly I thought 'I'm not shocked'. It seems that the Treasury Department can't cut trees down quick enough to print the dough. Ever since our country left the Gold Standard in the 70's.....it's been down hill. If you watched Glenn Beck the other night you know what I mean. I'm starting to wonder what's going to happen when a Stimulus Package passes. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here's what I'm getting at.....am I going to have to lose the wallet and start pushing a wheel barrel? Is a loaf of bread going to cost $200? I HOPE NOT!