Saturday, August 02, 2008

First Friday

Every first Friday of the month, the city of Gadsden blocks off parts of Broad Street downtown. They call it "First Friday". I think it begins at 6:oo pm, but maybe earlier. Jose' and I went last night around 7:30. The weather had cooled from lava hot to sauna hot and the sun was no longer blazing so it was really nice. We enjoyed walking, looking at older model cars, listening to various musicians and just relaxing together. And the smell of food! We both forgot to bring the camera. Jose' bought me a few cheap books at the bookstore. They were fictional but historically accurate books. One is "Sitting Bull" and one is "Jedediah Smith." I don't remember the name of the other, but it's about the real-life guy who was called "Uncle Remus".

It doesn't appear that I will be teaching at Donehoo this year. I was grieved about it for awhile, but now I am joyfully anticipating God's next step for me. I always wanted adventure. Finally, it occurred to me that true adventure is not just celebrations and fun, but also includes pain and hardships. My life is an adventure right now! I am so thankful that God is good. " I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14. KDR

Should I have put a period after "14"? Did I spell "occurred" correctly? Why is the "h" in "he" sometimes capitalized in the Bible and sometimes not? (when referring to God) Because of different writers? Does it matter? (these are just things going thru my mind as I blog, I usually don't include them and probably won't again.)

"...the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." That just sounds good. Isn't it part of a Waterdeep song?

Love to all...KDR


"...the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."

Thank you, Lord.