Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Corinthians 5:9-11

In the past few years, I have encountered 3 similar situations involving married couples. The information given to me was unsolicited. The cases differ in detail but are basically alike. The cases all involved women who were separated from their husbands and /or divorcing due to sexual immorality of their husbands. One woman continues to go but is somewhat uncomfortable, one woman was kicked off the praise team, then asked to leave the church. The third left the church of her own volition. All 3 men continue in their immorality and in the church and seem to think it's okay. I call it the Solomon complex, gifted and wise to a degree, but blinded in their lust. I read this:

"I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people- not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat," I Cor. 5:9-11.

It is my understanding that this is done to help the immoral one and that such a one should be restored in love upon genuine repentance. Maybe I have this out of context. Has it gone the way of women covering their heads and not speaking in church? I am glad those things were for that particular time and place.

To avoid confusion, I will end my entries with KDR.(Karen Denise Rodriguez)