Thursday, August 28, 2008

Isaiah 49:24-25

"Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? But thus saith the Lord, 'Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contends with you, and I will save your children.' "

I chose this version of these verses because of the term "lawful captive", which my other version did not include. "Prey taken from the mighty" , brings to mind those who did not choose their circumstances, like young children sold into brothels; while "the lawful captive delivered" brings to mind those who chose to sin and so brought themselves into captivity, such as addicts. Either way deliverance is possible! What an encouraging word from the Lord! I am so thankful.

KDR