Monday, August 11, 2008

A LONG WEEKEND

Coming off of several days of rest and relaxation.......I'm now looking at a busy work day ahead of me. But I know I'm not the only one.

Carolina starts back to school today. All summer long she wasn't looking forward to going back to school......then all of the sudden.......last week......she's all about school. Some new clothes.....a new back pack.....new lunch box......she's excited. She's looking forward to seeing her friends again. A new teacher and a new class of kids to be with. She's really a 'social-bug'. She's going into the 2nd grade.

Today my works basically consists of finishing up an estimate for a remodel and doing some work on a rental property. I don't expect to finish the rental property work. One thing about rental properties....the work never ends. As long as people keep moving in and out......things are going to be broke and in need of repair. It's a good thing I enjoy this work......

I've finished up the latest book that I've been reading, PAGAN CHRISTIANITY, by Frank Viola and George Barna. It was an interesting read. Denise read the book as well. There's so much to talk about. Mostly right now I'm just 'chewing' on some stuff. Denise and I talked about the title of the book....we think it's more of a shock factor than anything. We are not church bashers or do we condone any of that. The book is about where the traditions of the average church service come from. The origin of what most people have grown accustomed to seeing every Sunday. The book talks about a biblical view of the Church and what it's supposed to look like. Of course....there are a few topics that I am not so sure of. But overall the book is a good book.

Right now I'm starting on a book called, THINK LIKE JESUS, by George Barna. I'm just in the beginning. I'll post about the book once I finish reading it.