Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Seek the Lord and live..."

This is a quote from the Spring 2002 issue of The Morning Star Journal by Rick Joyner:

"Resistance to change is one of our most deadly enemies. This is often called 'the tyranny of the familiar' that compels us to derive our security from our environment rather than from our living relationship with the Lord. That is why we are warned in Amos 5:5-6:

' But do not seek Bethel, nor enter Gilgal, nor pass over to Beersheba; for Gilgal shall surely go into captivity, and Bethel shall come to nothing. Seek the Lord and live...'

All three of these places were where Israel experienced previous visitations from the Lord. He was saying by this not to seek the places where He visited in the past, but seek the person of the Lord."

There are so many changes effecting me right now; from personal relationships to national issues. I don't think that most of the changes taking place in the government are good ones. I believe that the ones in my relationships are for the ultimate good. But whether are not they are good; they are all hard.

When I read the letter from Rick, I began to realize just how very much I derived my own security from my environment instead of my relationship with the Lord. I have to determine daily to "seek the Lord and live..."

kdr