Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I JUST KNOW

I've been listening to my mp3 player while working out at the gym. I pulled out my CD cases a while back and downloaded songs onto my player. I've rediscovered so many treasures from my past. One of these is Disciple. I was just coming out of the world and felt lost (musically). I didn't have any new music to listen to and at the time didn't like most Christian music. The church I attended had some awesome worship songs......and that was cool.....but I still loved heavy bass driven solo screamin' loud rock music. These guys were a breath of fresh air.

Disciple is a Christian rock group originally out of Knoxville Tennessee. Back in 2000 David Hopper, a good friend of mine, invited me to hear them at Wallace Hall here in Gadsden. These guys preached. Their songs were heavy with scripture. The music was worshipful for me. I got fired up for God.

I had a new favorite band.

The band started out as a trio. And they ROCKED! It didn't take me long to buy all of their albums. This Might Sting A Little was the first CD I bought. Two of my favorite songs from the album are 'I Just Know (Jesus is the way)' and 'Big Bad Wolf'. I also purchased their first CD My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy and their second What Was I Thinking. I eagerly awaited their fourth album By God....which is awesome.....and their fifth album Back Again. I believe the last time I saw them was in 2005 in Boaz Alabama when their fifth CD was released. Since then I've heard that they've gone more commercial and added new members and lost some original ones. They've had a few more albums as well. But for me.....this song is the reason I fell in love with their music.