Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dollar General and Badminton

I just returned from the nearby Dollar General. I bought vitamins and dog food. I used to drive an hour to go to Sam's Club to buy my vitamins; liquid ones with all this neat stuff added, like noni juice and pomegranite extract; about 30 dollars a bottle. Today I bought the Dollar General version of one-a-day for women; a 60 day supply for $2.50 minus the noni juice and other extras.

There were several families in there pushing carts; it was rather crowded. They have a brand of dry dog food that can be purchased for $3.95 and it is a 15 lb. bag.
This weekend Jose' and I resurrected a cheap, fun form of recreation; badminton! I remembered playing for hours in my backyard as a child. We bought a set with two racquets and two birdies for under 7 dollars at The Academy. We didn't get the set with the net, it was more than double the price we paid and besides, who needs a net? Our object was not to keep score, but to see how long we could keep the birdie engaged; we played in our front yard and later in my parents driveway. It is also great exercise!

kdr