Thursday, March 20, 2008

FEELS LIKE SPRING!

Indeed it does....chilly mornings....winds....rain.....warm sunshine....birds singing....nice! I've been enjoying the longer days. It seems like I can get more done in a day. Of course.....I'm waking up to darkness. But that's OK......after a few cups of coffee the sun comes up.

Yesterday Denise and I started talking about how things change. Her grandmother lived almost 97 years. Can you imaging all of the changes she saw in her life. I've lived 33 years.....things really haven't changed that much. From what I can tell.....only styles have changed. Hair styles......car styles......music styles.....politics (new faces with the same old story). No one has invented anything or had some sort of innovation that changed society since I've been alive. Well I take that back.......the INTERNET has changed this world. Can you think of anything else? I mean....if Al Gore hadn't invented the Internet.....where would we be? (hahahaha-joke!). Seriously.....the Internet is the only thing I can think of that's new in the 33 years. People still eat the same foods..... styles come and go....then come back again.

I've heard people say that the church should be the most creative bunch of people in the world. I can see that........we do have a God who created all that is......and is to come. He is the source of all creativity. But I can't imagine anything new......that hasn't already been invented. A cure for AIDS would change the world. Cars that fly would be cool....although I doubt it would be affordable. I liked the 'Back To The Future' movies...where the car ran on garbage (that would be nice).

Are there any new life changing inventions out there? I'd like to see them. I know I have to be careful what I wish for.....sometimes changes are not always good. Let's just see what happens!

I just wanted to add one comment to this blog. My mother called and gave me another invention........THE CELL PHONE! How could I have missed that! I mean.....HELLO!......I'll turn my car back around and go back home if I ever leave my cell phone at home. Our lives are definitely different because of them. I could throw in the personal computer as well. Back in the day.....the PC was the size of a house......now they fit in the palm of your hand. How about them apples!