Saturday, March 08, 2008

AHHHH YES....LIFE IS GOOD!

Life is good. I know crappie stuff happens.....but overall...life is good. I love puppies. Puppies are just so happy....all of the time. Elvis (my puppy - see previous posts to see pics) is always up and full of energy. I could totally see him doing this same thing. Speaking of Elvis.....my wife noticed that he had pooped in the dust pan in the kitchen. Then she saw him do it. I don't know about you....but to me that's GREAT! I know that he should wait to go outside, but if you gotta go inside the house......the dust pan sounds good to me.
This has been a week to remember. My wife's Nannie died a week ago. She was almost 97 years old.......imagine living that long.......the things she must have seen! She's really missed a lot.
Work has been good this week. I'm looking forward to new ventures in my business. My wife is looking forward to summer vacation. I can't say that I blame her. She needs a good long rest. Her job (teaching) demands so much of her time and energy. She does love the children. You'd have to.......
Rosie is finally weaned! I put her and Champagne (mare) together earlier this week(the day of my wife's Nannie's funeral). So far they have adjusted well to one another. Every now and then I catch a glimpse of Rosie nosing around her mother....but she quickly moves on. I'd hate to have to separate them for another 3 months.
You know.....I've seen more snow this year than the last 10 combined. I just doesn't seem to lay. I don't really know that I would want it to lay. I love seeing it fall......I love seeing it on the cars and in the grass.....but I don't like it on the road. It's funny......when snow comes up in the conversation nowadays.....it's usually followed by 'the snow of 93'. That was quite an event. Where were you?
I remember sitting at home (my parent's house at the time) on the couch looking out the window into the back yard. I spent most of the time looking up into the light on the power pole.....watching the snow fall past the light. I remember thinking....'oh well...I guess I'd better get off to bed.....got school in the morning'. What a shocker the next morning gave! I grew up in north Georgia (Dalton)......I don't remember the numbers....but snow was up past the tires on my parent's cars. We (like many others) didn't have electricity for many days....but we did have a kerosene heater. We had plenty of food.....our plumbing worked......lots of blankets.......we made it OK. I do remember how much I enjoyed a long hot bath after the electricity came back on. That's one of the main reasons I don't mind having natural gas now......you just never know.