Wednesday, August 01, 2007

WHAT'S HAPPEN'N !?!?


There are a few things going on in our lives..........

Denise and I have been working like crazy on her room at school. Neither one of us realized the amount of work it was going to take to get the room ready for the first day of class. I'm just talking the physical work of putting things in order......not to mention all of the 'mental' stuff that she has to do to prepare lesson plans and a curriculum for the students. She's the woman for the job! Mostly what we're been doing is cleaning and throwing away years of accumulated paperwork and trash.....dust bunnies and dead cockroaches. It's all good though....I'm proud of my wife.... it's worth it for me to help her get a good start with these 3rd graders!

Rosie got injured a few days ago. Somehow or another she managed to get a 5 inch cut on her chest. As days have gone by, it has widened over an inch. We've been treating her with a topical spray...hoping that it will help in healing. But I believe the cut is way too much for the spray to handle. So tomorrow we're off to the vet with Rosie. There's an Equine Vet in Boaz......so up the mountain we go tomorrow afternoon. My biggest concern is getting her in and out of the trailer.....she quite strong nowadays......and is already set in her ways ( to be 2 months old). More news about Rosie to come.

Our dog Bonnie has had puppies. This is her 4th litter. Her first and second did really well.....the puppies went really quickly when we decided to give them away. The 3rd litter all died. They were born in the coldest part of winter...so they didn't do so well. This time she had one die and the other 4 are doing fine. They are 16 days old. Their eyes are now open and they are beginning to explore. Yet....most of their day consists of sleeping and eating.....exploring is at a minimal. There are 3 boys and 1 girl. They are so cute....they look like little bear cubs. Hopefully I'll have some pics to come.

My work is going well. I'm on a bit of a break this week....helping Denise get her room ready. So...we're both pretty tired when we get home. I'm excited for her. This has been a long time coming. -JGR