Friday, July 13, 2007

H.P.&T.O.O.T.P.

Opening day.....we were excited to finally watch the new Harry Potter movie. Carolina even accompanied us (I think the movie was too much for her.....she was restless and sometimes looked 'left-out' not knowing what was going on). I may not be the best person to give a review of the movie. I say this, because Weds morning I had just finished re-reading the book. The movie seemed to me to be a little fast paced (by this I mean....the plot was rushed).......I imagine so.......there was so much to fit into the movie. Many actions were unexplained and events undefined. Of course....there were some plot changes....but this is expected from Hollywood. Saying this......I still think the movie was good. Denise even commented that this was her favorite of the H.P. movies. I remember the first movie or two... I liked the 'light-ness' of the characters.........not so in this movie. There seems to be an underlying angst throughout this movie. The visual effects were excellent. Overall...I give the movie a 'GOOD' review. Just don't read the book right before you see the movie......messes with your head a bit!