Sunday, May 20, 2007

THE DRIVE-IN

We had a wonderful time this weekend. We were joined by the Finlayson's at the Sand Mtn. Drive In....close to Boaz Alabama. It was a very nice night......a bit nippy.....lots of good conversation before the movies. Besides 'Shrek the Third' we saw 'Firehouse Dog'. Both were good movies.

By the end of the evening....most had retreated to the warmth of our vehicles. Denise and Carolina ended up in the car.......Ms. Hale and Katie were watching from the family van. Denise and I really enjoyed talking to Ms. Hale before the movies started.

Overall....the night was wonderful. Drive-ins for me are an escape. Going to the movie theater is always fun...and always nice.....but the drive-in is an adventure. Most time the weather is predictable and safe....but sometimes you get surprised. Also, I love to watch the night sky. I see shooting stars all of the times.....at least twice every time I go(on a clear night). The food is pretty good too at the Sand Mtn. Drive In. David and I usually bring our own food and drinks. I'm glad to see that Katie, Kelsey and Carolina like the drive in. Denise and I asked Carolina where she would rather go......"to the movie theater or to the drive in?"........without a pause she said "the drive in". LIFE IS GOOD !