Monday, January 26, 2009

SOMEONE TO THANK

Today is my birthday and I want to thank my mother.

This morning Denise and I were talking about birthdays. We all know the purpose and intent of a birthday. We thought it fitting to thank the one by whom we came into

the world. Even though it does take two to create, one truly suffers the pain. But like it says in the bible........ When a woman is in labor she has pain, because her time has come. Yet when she has given birth to her child, she doesn't remember the agony anymore because of the joy of having brought a human being into the world (John 16:21). Today my thoughts are thoughts of thankfulness for being born. I'm really just glad to be here...to have had the opportunities that I've had in my life. Now I'm a grown man(still growning up).....married to a wonderful woman....I have a life full of love.....it's what I've always wanted. I know that it cost my mother greatly to have me as a child. Not only in birth, but throughout my life.....and I'm thankful. So on my birthday today I honor my mother for just being my mother.