Saturday, January 24, 2009

FROM THE N.Y. POST

I heard this on Fox News this morning and couldn't believe it! President Obama was quoted as saying:



"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done," he told top GOP leaders, whom he had invited to the White House to discuss his nearly $1 trillion stimulus package.
"There are big things that unify Republicans and Democrats," the official said. "We shouldn't let partisan politics derail what are very important things that need to get done."
That wasn't Obama's only jab at Republicans today.
In an exchange with Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) about the proposal, the president shot back: "I won," according to aides briefed on the meeting.
"I will trump you on that."
Not that Obama was gloating. He was just explaining that he aims to get his way on stimulus package and all other legislation, sources said, noting his unrivaled one-party control of both congressional chambers.




There was also a mention in the article that he was worried about being re-elected in 4 years. Can you believe it? I'm not an avid listener to Rush......but I do like the guy. I also enjoy O'Reilly, Glen Beck and Hannity.....but to say that our representatives should not listen to them (in general) is CRAZY! This to me screams......'we're good as long as you agree with me!'. CRAZY!