Sunday, December 14, 2008

NEWS FROM THE SHIRE.....

As you can tell I'm referring to The Lord of the Rings (or could be The Hobbit). I've been reading the Fellowship of the Ring. I'm almost done. They're traveling down the river just past Lorien.......contemplating which direction to go. It's been a nice read. I'm enjoying my second time through the adventure. Thanks to my friend David Finlayson for turning me on to the books. He gave me a set several years ago when the first movie came out. It didn't take me long to go through them. He also gave me a calender of prints from The Brothers Hildebrandt. Very nice. Really helped to bring the images to life. My wife has read them a gazillion times.

Right now I'm finishing a project in the making for 4 months or so. It's a remodel. I'll take some pictures as soon as I can and post them. Basically what I did was take 1/3 of the house and turn it into a separate apartment. Of course...I had lots of input from the owner and lots of help from Amos (my helper), Smitty's Plumbing and an electrician. I think the place turned out nice. Like I said....I'll take some photos and post them.

Here's our 2008 tree. -JGR