Sunday, December 28, 2008

TWO THINGS

I've been thinking about 2 things lately.
Working out at the gym.
Training Rosie.

Denise and I have been spending some time lately at the gym. Our workouts have gotten better and better. I am learning something. I don't mind working hard and applying myself. Most things in life don't come easy. You know that.....we all know that. It has been an experience on a different level for me to workout. I'm seeing progress. Rather...I'm feeling progress. I feel so much better. I have more energy and enthusiasm about returning the next day to work out more. I've gotten more comfortable with the gym. I've always been a little shy about trying new things. Plus I had another thing working against me.....time. Denise and I have had the membership for a while now......but I just didn't make the time to go. I spent a lot of my time working. Working out is really a joy. I guess my point is that I've always wanted to be a physically fit person.....but maybe never wanted to invest the time or energy into the dream. It's nice to have started. Thanks to my wife..........

Yesterday I started working on Rosie. It wasn't what I expected. Well I did expect her to fight against me.....to not like the process. Who likes being 'broken'? I don't. As much as I love watching her run and play in the field......I have a desire to become closer with her. I love the wild part of her nature.....but I also want her to be tame. I want to be able to ride her and enjoy a deeper relationship with her. But she's going to have to be 'broken'. So yesterday I began the process. There's a 6 X 6 post at the foot of my father-in-laws garden. About 6 feet above ground and 4 feet in the ground. She broke it off ground level. Talk about horse power! But what I didn't expect was her reaction. She hung her head low and looked at me with her big beautiful eyes....lips quivering.......hurt me deep. Apparently it did her too. As difficult as that was.....for us both.....I'm not going to stop the process. My desire, like I said before, is a deeper relationship. I've been with her since the day she was born. May 2009 she'll be 2 years old. I'll keep you posted. -JGR