Friday, July 17, 2009

Embracing the Power...

2 Timothy 3:5

KJV "...Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof; from such turn away."

NLT "...They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!"

Have you ever heard an elderly person say "I'm too old to change; I'm set in my ways."? Or maybe a younger person say "Well, that's just the way I am."? Neither of these are good reasons to stay the way we are, when the way we are is wrong. Most people who say these things have actually tried to change themselves only to fail; so they give up eventually.

I have tried to change in my own strength and failed. But as a believer, I have the power of God available to change me. When I cry out to Him; He will change me by His Spirit. I have experienced this and am currently experiencing this; I recognize things in me that need change and I really want these changes. I still have a long way to go, but I am aware that God's power is truly working in me and the changes are coming. I see it in little ways and I am encouraged.

Zechariah 4:10 NLT "Do not despise these small beginnings..."

Embrace the power of God for change.

kdr