Friday, October 31, 2008

I recently read an article by Steve Shultz in Elijah Rain entitled "Immanuel-'God with Us.' " He pointed out that "Immanuel" can also mean "God in us." He also refers to John 14:18-20, part of which says "...On that day you will realize that I am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I am in you." Steve writes "We are coming to a day and an hour this year, when God is more emphatically revealing that He is in us! Yes, we knew that before, but a greater revelation of this truth is now coming..." The next day I was beginning to read in Matthew, as I read at least a chapter a day in the new and a chapter in the old, just as a way to kick off my quiet times. This chapter mentions a quote from Isaiah which the angel repeats to Mary as a prophetic reference to Mary and Jesus and refers to Jesus as Immanuel. Then I turned to my previously marked place in the old testament and I am reading Isaiah 7, which contains the verse about Immanuel quoted in Matthew 1.



That was really exciting to me because it was like a confirmation of what I had read in Steve's article. I so need a greater revelation of this truth in my life! It stirred up my longing and renewed my hope for this. How wonderful to remember that, no matter the circumstances, God is with us; God is in us. I want God to grow in me to the point that He comes out in my words and actions and fills every moment; every thought.

I'm going to vote tomorrow. Does anyone else have a hard time interpreting those amendments? The Christian Coalition used to send out info on each candidate about their stance on key issues. They explained in plain language what any amendment meant; it was a big help to me. Jose' found that they don't do it anymore because a judge in AL ruled against allowing them to do it. I don't know which judge.

rick and beckie, thanks for your comments and input. It's always good to hear from you. I was excited to hear about your car. Hope to see you soon.

KDR