Saturday, June 21, 2008

GETTIN' A NEW SKIN

Well....today I started the transformation of my Gibson Les Paul. I stripped off all of the hardware and electronics.......and some of the paint. My plans are to take it back to its original color ( white ) with a blue/silver pearl mix. I'll mix up the pearl myself ( so I'll have to see how it turns out ). I am excited about it . I've been researching humbuckers for a long time now and finally decided on some Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups. They're a matched set.....like those used by Slash. I've always enjoyed his signature sounds.......and I know it takes more than a set of pickups to get a sound.....it's a beginning. Anyways......I'm looking forward to the process. Right now the guitar is pretty ugly. I'm also going to be adding a Jimmy Page Les Paul wiring set up. If you're not familiar with it....his Les Paul is set up with a push/pull knob that switches the humbucker to a single coil. Gets lots of cool sounds out of it.



I know it's looking pretty rough right now....but it's been a long time coming. I was never really happy with the sound of the factory pickups. They're standard Gibson issue humbuckers. The wiring will be an upgrade as well. It'll look nice back white. I'll put some pics up in a few weeks after it is done.