Saturday, September 12, 2009

THE DAY AFTER ELEVEN

I'm not going to harp on this much. It's all fresh in our memories again. I remember how we came together as a nation the day after 9/11/01. We were a unit.....a big community......it was cool how people came together and the little things that normally bug us about each other were no more. And even though there were some things about G.W. Bush that were typical of any other President........he was definitely the right guy for our nation. It was amazing to see photos of him before 9/11 and to see him when he left office............the job had really aged him. I don't doubt that it's a stressful job......not at all.


But back to 9/12/01...........to see how divided we are as a nation today........it makes me long for those days when the national spirit was best described as compassionate......caring.......we stood with one another. It's quite a contrast with today. Our only true hope is God.


II Chronicles 7:14......... if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.


God is truly our only hope........