Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nissi's Notes

About the title; when I was much younger, much of my family called me Nissi, pronounced neecee. A few still do and I like it. So on with the post...

Dill Pickles. I really like dill pickles. I eat them on grilled cheese sandwiches and hamburgers. I eat them with potato chips and popcorn and even by themselves. We usually buy the Wal-mart brand or sometimes Vlasic's Ovals. I decided to read the labels a few days ago because I wanted to see if the ingredients were basically the same. I found out that both brands contain high fructose corn syrup! Now I like sweets but if I'm eating high fructose corn syrup I want it to be in my candy corn or Snickers or hot fudge cake. I don't need it hiding in my dill pickles! Wal-mart had one more brand there, Mount Olive, that didn't contain the corn syrup, so I bought those even though they were a few cents more.

Cold Weather. I am so cold right now, well, at least my hands are cold. I'm not good at being cold. Actually, that's inacccurate. I AM good at being cold, I'm cold when most people aren't. What I mean is, I don't take being cold well at first. It takes me awhile to adjust. Maybe it's because my thyroid is defective. Even though I take medication, which helps tremendously, I'm still more susceptible to cold, bone density loss and difficulty in losing weight. There is something in the hormone from the thyroid that medicine can't imitate. They used to give people extract from pig thyroids. I know that sounds gross, but I would take it if I had it.

Well, that's it for now...

Love, Nissi