Friday, November 21, 2008

Birthday...an exciting time for me; still becoming who I am
wondering next year who I'll be...
Endless Possibility.

Something stirring deep inside
Anticipation of the bride
"Won't you come with me, little girl, on a Magic Carpet Ride?"

My birthday was November 16 so I just go ahead and celebrate til Thanksgiving which takes me on into Christmas and the New Year. This time of reflection and celebration helps compensate for the cold, biting winds and diminished amount of sunshine. This time of year the sunlight seems brighter than in summer but it's warmth has been severely compromised by the chill of winter. I used to sink into a deep depression during this time, I think I had that lack of light syndrome. But the Light within has grown and I can see so much to be thankful for and so much life to be celebrated.

Overall, October was a hard month for me. The ocean is always rough these days and those waves will beat you up. But when you learn to surf those waves it can be joyful and exciting. Sure, you'll still get wiped out by one every once in awhile, but if you catch the next one just right, it might just lift you up and take you all the way to the shore.

Love to All. kdr