Saturday, September 06, 2008

AN UPDATE

Cleo is doing well. She's adjusting to life with the other animals. I have noticed a difference in her than the other goats. She's been a loner. Unlike the other goats.....she spends most of her time grazing by herself. I have seen her a time or two with the horses. We hope to get a couple more pygmy goats. I'd like to find a male and another female.

I really enjoy Cleo. She finds me when I walk down to the barn. While I feed the other animals she'll help herself to the horse feed or corn (that I drop on purpose). We hope to have her a place fenced in really soon. I've already prepared a small building for her to use as a shelter. All that is left is to put up a new fence and an entrance gate. Hopefully that will happen soon.
The other day Aaron (Denise's dad) and I went to Steele Alabama to set some head stones (grave markers) on some of his relatives graves. On our way back we stopped at the feed store and someone gave me a goat. They said he was a pygmy goat. George (the goat) does look like a pygmy, but he's much bigger (atleast 3 times bigger than Cleo). By the way....the name George was given by the family I got him from. He's pretty feisty and likable. I've noticed that he's a loner as well. The only bad thing about George is that he's been cut (neutered). Why? I don't know. The previous owner chose to do so. We'll see how George works out.
I know it's a bit overwhelming for Cleo and George. I don't know where Cleo came from but I do George. He was an only goat amidst 2 horses. A childhood pet for 2 grandchildren who had no interest in him anymore. He's smart enough to know who feeds him. He'll come up to me as well. Of course I'll have to keep an eye on him........I've averted many attempt to 'butt' me by George. I'll get a photo of him soon. -JGR