Friday, September 26, 2008

News Update

Hey Everybody!

This is basically just a news update. We don't like to wait so long before updating the blog. We've just been busy and tired. Jose' has been working long hours to meet a deadline on a job. I have been trying to plan my parents 50th anniversary party. My sister and her family helped. My sister-in-law and brother helped. But since I'm unemployed right now and they are busy and/or live out-of-town, I was responsible for a lot of the details. I'm not good at stuff like that. I was so glad to see my sister and her family drive up as I was attempting to decorate. They just started setting out vases and spreading tablecloths and made it seem so easy! It was this past Sunday even though today is their actual anniversary. They seemed to enjoy it and I'm very thankful for all the family and friends who came.

Recently I've noticed that a lot of friends and family members are experiencing change of some sort. It's like we're being stretched. But while changes like these are usually for the best, they can still be painful to some degree. Fenelon says"...God wants you to grow a little at a time and not burst into instant maturity. You must endure the painful process of change. There is much more at work here than your instant maturity. God wants to build a relationship with you that is based on faith and trust and not on glamorous miracles..." Jesus says "...take up your cross daily..." I'm so glad that God is faithful to complete the good work He has begun in each of us.

KDR