Sunday, May 25, 2008

CASPIAN VS. DR. JONES

Last weekend we (Denise, Carolina and I) headed off to see the next installment of the Chronicles of Narnia. Overall Denise and I were a bit disappointed with the movie. Carolina loved it. Most of our disappointment centered around Peter and his attitude throughout the movie and changes in the order of events of the movie. I did enjoy Reepicheep. Also, Aslan didn't show up until the end of the movie. By far.....I think the first movie was better than this one. Oh yea......we loved the Phoenix (I assumed it was) carrying the children into battle. That was cool.
This weekend we saw the new installment of Indiana Jones. We were really impressed. Although the whole Area 51/Alien plot was a bit weird (for an Indiana Jones movie). Also, I was surprised to learn some new information about Dr. Jones....his military record...being a spy and a ranked officer. I didn't know that....others may have.....but I didn't. The atomic bomb explosion was cool.....love those old fridges. The ants were also really cool. The scene where Mutt did a Tarzan was excellent. Even though I thought the plot was a bit weird.....I really liked it. Personally.....I doubt there will ever be another Indiana Jones flick with Harrison Ford.......but I can see it branching off into a Stargate-ish series with Mutt (Henry Jones III) starring in the lead. That's just my thought.........good movie......go see it!