Tuesday, November 20, 2007

IT'S LATE......

It's late right now......I should be in the bed.....but for some reason now is a good time to BLOG. Pretty much my days have consisted of working on a house off of South 6th Street here in Gadsden. Today I pretty much finished up my work. I'm really surprised at how nice the duplex turned out. Hopefully the new tenants will feel the same.....but regardless.....it's done and how sweet it is to say it so. Now I look forward to a few days of spending time with my wife and our favorite little girl in the whole wide world. I know that I have lots of work to do around the house, but right now that's on the back-burner.


So what's going on with us? We're hoping that Peppers (our chihuahua) is pregnant and on her way to a litter of puppies. Time will tell. She's only about 4 months old here in this picture. She's now just over a year old. The father (of the soon to be born puppies) belongs to Denise's sister Vicki. She lives in Huntsville. JR (the father) is a Yorkie. These should be really cute puppies. F.Y.I......we no longer have those pillows in the background of this photo. They were systematically disassembled by Peppers over the last year. There were 3 originally.....now we only have 1......which she sleeps on. I remember her being so little that we would have to help her up onto the couch or the day bed.....now she jumps like a little rabbit.


What else? I'm preparing to take the Alabama Home Builder's exam here in the next 2 months. Hopefully soon I'll be a licensed Contractor.


Here's a side thought. I'm really thankful for photo's. You just don't realize how much people change until you see a photo of them from years ago. Carolina for example....... this photo was from about 4 years ago. To see this amazes me......she's grown so much. I remember her being this little......but it's still unbelievable. I'm certain you understand what I mean.
Her most recent school picture. How amazing is that!?!? Time really does go by so fast. Hopefully I'll stop and think about 'it' more often.....look at people....pay attention to details......before they are thoughts and memories. I guess it boils down (for me) to being thankful for what I have and those who are in my life. With all the stuff going on in my life....it's easy for me to just let the days go by. Once they're gone......just gone. Something to really be thankful for this Thanksgiving. -JGR