Sunday, January 23, 2011

ARE WE THERE YET?


I have this attitude that I wrestle with a lot. It's the attitude of thinking that I've arrived. It's subtle. It's not flashy or obvious most times. It's even sneaky. I hate it...but it's there. There's a pattern that I see from my past.

Here's how it would go down. I would recieve some enlightment from God or have some victory in my life. That's awesome...but I would let my guard down. I would relax. Lose my focus even. Why? Because the heart is deceitful and I realize that there is no good thing in me (apart from God). I attribute this error to immaturity and a lack of discipline. But you know what...I'm thankful to be aware that it's there. I don't like it...but I know it's there. I'm starting to see that when enlightment comes there needs to be an application...faith without works (action) is not faith at all.

At age 35 (about to turn 36) it's time to grow up. Discipline is good. Responsibility is good. Becoming who God desires me to be is VERY GOOD. It's not easy....but it's going to be worth it. I like Romans 4:20-22 says about Abraham....he did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.”