Monday, April 28, 2008

NEW DISCOVERIES

So...we've been back from the beach over a week now (old news).....and this is the first time that I've had to update this blog. Before we headed down to Florida I was sitting in my living room and noticed a small spot on the ceiling (about the size of a half dollar). I thought...'it will be alright until I get back....' So I got back and decided to check it out. I got up in my attic....nothing. Then I got up on my roof.....


There were no holes in my roof. Just several places where it seemed that the underlayment had buckled. I began to walk around.....and quickly returned to a more sound surface. It seemed that every where I step.....I heard a crack!


As it ended up I had to replace the decking on most of my roof and re-shingle it to boot. That's what I did last week. I had help.....I wasn't at it alone. I'm glad to have it done......and so far no leaks!
We're back into the swing of things. Denise is looking forward to school being out......Carolina is too. I'm really enjoying the nice weather we're having. Until next time.....